Lead DevOps Engineer x3
London , Please Quote £
Lead DevOps Engineer x3
Clearance Required - SC Clearance is required. Must be clearable.
Summary of the work
• DevOps engineer with good knowledge of Linux, cloud computing, WEB applications, Puppet config management, AWS, UNIX open source tools, networking, Internet security, and containerisation.
• Scripting languages Bash+Ruby/Python.
• Coordinating and directing effective deployment of engineers into critical delivery projects
What the specialist will work on
1. Improve and expand AWS platform
2. Apply changes using configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible).
3. Coordinate and direct deployment of engineers on agile Development projects
4. Support and troubleshoot complex micro-service based environment (Haproxy/Nginx loadbalancing)
5. Improve monitoring and performance measurement tools (Sensu/Grafana/Logstash/ELK) 6. Participate in the on call rota
7. Work on containerisation of the services (Docker, Kubernetes)
8. Perform DBA tasks on variety of Databases (Postgres, Mongo, and MySQL)
9. Implement and improve security stack/tools
10. Configure continues integration pipelines for deployment
12. Automating various tasks using puppet, Ansible and scripting (Shell + Ruby/Python)
Essential skills and experience
• Production experience in Linux environment: Linux Dev Ops/Sysadmin expert level (8yrs+),AWS,AWS SDK, AWS CLI, Puppet/Hierra (5yrs+),Development Bash/Shell +one higher-level scripting language(Ruby/Python/Perl or other 5 yrs), ELK stack(3yrs +1 project
• Production experience in Networking: TCP/IP advanced (5yrs+), Firewalls advanced (5yrs+) SSL/TLS for encryption in transit advanced/expert (5yrs). Load Balancing: Haproxy, Nginx advanced/expert (5yrs+), DNS management advance/expert (5yrs)
• Production experience of managing Databases: Postgres up to DBA expert level (4yrs+) and any 2 out of Postgres/MySQL/MongoDB/RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ System Admin level (2yrs+)
• Live Project CI/CD Administration: Jenkins (5 yrs+), GIT (3yrs+), Artifactory or similar system advanced/ expert level (3yrs+), Docker/Vagant advance/expert level (3yrs+), Working in agile teams facilitating CI/CD pipeline (5yrs+).
• Track record of designing platforms for mission critical services in line with GDS standards
• Leadership experience: 3+ years leading a team of Dev Ops. A minimum of two examples of leading design and delivery of migration projects or platform build projects.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
• Deploying Kubernetes
If this role is of interest to you or you would like more information please contact Laura Waddy on 01908 278450 / firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application now.
on 01908 278450 or via