Leeds , £Quote
Our Government client is currently looking for a WordPress Developer, to help on their website, to support stakeholder engagement and collaboration. This will include the creation of responsive and accessible WordPress templates and the integration of data from third party applications using APIs.
You will be working with our digital team in Leeds and UX designer based in Birmingham. Some contact will also be required with the hosting provider. The development of their website will include the creation of templates and pulling in API data from third party applications, providing general WordPress development support.
They have a WordPress solution and hosting environment in place but it may be a requirement to extend on this as they build separate hubs of content across the site.
Skills and experience
• Experience of setting up WordPress websites and plugins
• Experience of coding with PHP
• Experience of building WordPress templates from scratch
• Experience of using X-Theme and Cornerstone
• Experience of using ‘global content blocks’
• Experience of developing within an existing customised WordPress framework
• Experience of using and developing APIs
• Have experience of testing end-to-end service
• Have experience of assessing and mitigating security and privacy issues
• Have experience of working effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Technical expertise of front-end, UI web development and responsive web design (HTML5/CSS/JS)
• Knowledge of web accessibility standards with associated accreditation
• Experience with setting up and managing Linux servers, ideally in the Rackspace cloud environment
• Have experience of successfully delivering digital projects using iterative development
• Experience of working with central or local government
If this role is of interest to you or you would like more information, please contact Laura Waddy or submit your application now.
on 01908 278450 or via