Bristol or Reading , £Neg
We are currently looking to recruit a Technical Architect to contribute to a range of exciting new and existing projects in 2018 within our Enterprise Solutions Division, based in Bristol or Reading.
• Provide direction and leadership to all aspects of application architecture, infrastructure and application design
• Provide guidance on the selection of IT solutions (including software packages) for projects. Being able to evaluate the potential impacts on the customer such as license costs, phasing out of legacy systems, training etc.
• Select the appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensure they are applied effectively
• Takes full responsibility for the overall system architecture and if necessary manage the work of an architecture team
• Works with the business analyst and/or elicits the business requirements to ensure the technical solution meets the business need and can be delivered on the chosen architecture
• Identifies the commercial impacts of changes in the analysis and implementation model and reports these to project management.
• Ensures that the development team are following the agreed technical architecture and development methodologies. Assures the specification and design to assist in the development of IT systems
• Assists with pre-sales support and presentations to customers. Contributes to bids and if required manages the bid process.
• Keeps abreast of technology and develops new techniques for use in systems architecture
• Excellent communication skills. Able to provide expert advice in a digestible form to both the company and its customers.
• Ability to estimate costs and implementation timescales associated with potential solutions.
• Proven track record of designing, estimating and implementing large-scale enterprise level applications and/or web solutions
• Extensive software development and design experience and proven experience of the software development lifecycle
• In depth understanding of design and modelling techniques (e.g. UML)
• In depth understanding of estimating techniques (e.g. Cost, Effort, Risk).
• Familiarity with web application development, integration and testing (e.g. JSF, Spring)
• An understanding of various development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, DSDM)
• An understanding of software standards (e.g. ISO9001, ISO 20000:1)
In depth knowledge of multi-tier client-server architecture
Experience of taking requirements and proposing system architectures
Understanding of virtualisation strategies and sub-capacity licensing models
Experience of security policies and models
Excellent knowledge of web-based technologies and associated standards
Knowledge of embedded systems or real-time systems
Knowledge of enterprise databases (e.g. SQL-Server, ORACLE)
Knowledge of operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, mobile)
Knowledge of XML and related technologies
Knowledge of middleware architectures (ESB, SOA)
Understanding of Open Source licensing issues
Desirable skills - any knowledge or experience of the following:
• Understanding of project management techniques
• Experience of Quality Assurance and testing
• Understanding of cloud hosting models and their security and management implications
If this role is of interest to you or you would like more information, please contact Jon Graham or submit your application now.
Bristol or Reading
on 01908 278450 or via