Telco Business Analyst (FTTx/Smallworld)
Home Based , £Negotiable
Telco Business Analyst (FTTx/Smallworld)
My client is currently seeking a Project Manager for an FTTx new build program of work. The client is one of the largest communications providers in the world. The role is a 8-9 month contract that can be homebased with travel to client sites in the UK and Europe.
In support of the customers Central Design House FTTx network expansion- new build program in Europe, there is a requirement to support the IT &Tools roadmap with additional Business Analysis support. This is in direct response to the need to accelerate the roadmap by identifying by country the tasks that need to be completed to facilitate rollout of the core tools (iTools, Smallworld and FibreplanIT) that have to be rolled out across the countries where it makes business sense.
The Business Analyst will help drive the deployment of tools - with 9 countries taking at least one of these tools in 2017, and some taking all 3 the number of deployments for 2017. It is likely 17 different deployments will be commenced during 2017. There is also significant co-ordination to perform with the Project Managers, Data Specialist and Central Design House functions and programs running in parallel with this program, that need to be factored into the future activities that at this stage are still to be fully determined. The roadmap is well defined through to 2018, however significant additional activities will be borne to form the Proof of Concepts and Evaluations that are currently underway - these new activities need to be added into the IT & Tools roadmap and tracked accordingly.
The Business Analyst is also part of the IT & Tools workstream, they will be required to bring the country requirements together into the standard 'Business Requirements Document' (BRD) they will also need to have a good knowledge of Smallworld and how this can be deployed as well as being familiar with standard Telco operating processes - using this knowledge to help and guide the business on how the tools should be deployed to leverage maximum benefit for each country.
The deliverables from this engagement will be the successful deployment of the IT & Tooling roadmap. It is also essential that there is close working between the various teams (IT, Architect, Business, as well as third party vendors) to develop good working practices that can be shared between the countries, ensuring continuous improvement is achieved as part of the program, to put in place traceable measures that will allow the Business Cases to be managed against timelines, budget, and benefits. These need to be reported back to Senior Management.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for capturing user requirements, obtaining business sign off on what will be delivered as part of the program. The resources outlined will form part of the IT & Tooling workstream, and are responsible for the successful delivery of the roadmap.
Further requirements include:
• Business requirements documentation by country for Smallworld, iTools and FibreplanIT
• Understand how these can be deployed across the 'in scope' countries, with as little customisation as possible
• Track the customisations required by the countries
• Develop a mechanism to document the 'As Is' state so business case assumptions can be tracked once tools have been rolled out
• Identify what systems can be flagged for Decommission and agree timelines and cost benefits (work with IT team)
• Identify any systems that will be impacted by the New Build program that will need software and hardware upgraded as a result
• Understand any potential changes to standard processes (FTTH for example) that may change the way of working in the near future
• Work with Central Design House program to match the roadmap and timelines as closely as possible
• Act as escalation points for the 'in country' resource
• Work with Reporting workstream to automate and standardise the construction KPI's
• The role will involve significant European travel.
If this role is of interest to you or you would like more information, please contact Jon Graham on 01908 278450 / firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application now.
on 01908 278450 or via